Join 365BOOKSPRO’s All-Star Team
Apply by sending your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Level Accountant – Excellent Learning Environment with Great Opportunities
If you are looking to work at a typical accounting firm, keep looking! At 365BOOKSPRO, we pride ourselves on fostering a dynamic work environment. We are looking for a full-time Entry Level Accountant to add to the team of our fast-growing, full-service business accounting firm located in National Harbor, Maryland. Our new harbor-view offices feature sit-stand desks and unlimited coffee, tea, and snacks.
Advance your career and experience rapidly by working directly with the CEO on enterprise-level accounts. Get the opportunity to work on all aspects of a client’s business. This will expose you to not only the bookkeeping and tax aspects of public accounting but other areas that help you see the whole picture. While working on payroll, auditing, and tax research across various types of industries, you’ll become a better consultant and advisor.
We value our employees and provide competitive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, education assistance, and retirement benefits. You’ll also have 8 paid holidays, vacation, and have sick time.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records, and expense reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable
- Proven bookkeeping experience with Bookkeeper Certification
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proficiency in QuickBooks
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High-degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must pass a background check
- Education level: Associates in Accounting – Bachelors Degree in Accounting Preferred (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Documented and verifiable references
- 1+ years of work experience – recent college graduates with 6+ months of a relevant internship are eligible
Equal Employment Opportunity
At 365BOOKSPRO, we are proud to employ a diverse and inclusive workforce to include military spouses. Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.